Sunday, October 14, 2012

We are Dancer

I don't like humans.  My dislike towards humans has been an ever growing theme in my life, but recently it has hit its peak.  Maybe it's just because of where I live that I don't like people, but I don't know.
I don't like how little we care about helping one another.  I hate how selfish we are.  I read some of Fredrick Turners blog and he says everything we do is out of selfishness, even the charitable stuff.  I wanted to disagree, but as I thought about it, I found that he is right.

Not a single one of us is really out to help others.  I mean think about it, say you donate 1 million dollars to a charity.  That is a ton of money and a very selfless thing to do, but why are you really doing it?  Some are doing it so that they will look better in others eyes.

I am going to go ahead and say in this scenario, you are not doing it so that people will look at you better.  There are then only a couple other options of why you would donate.  First option is because you hate seeing how much poverty there is.  This sounds like a great thing until you realize it't not because you don't like poverty, but because you feel guilty for having nice conditions while they don't.  So, something that initially started as good has become you wanting to avoid guilt, thus giving the million dollars.

Second option, you are a religious person and want to just be as kind as possible to others, which is very commendable, but still selfish.  If you are religious then you probably believe in an after-life or some kind of heaven which is based off of actions you made in this life, thus meaning your charity was really just for you to make it into heaven.

I don't know.  I 'm probaly wrong.  This isn't what I was planning on writing.  I just kinda went with my fingers.  I was all set to write about politics and crap like that, but I don't even care anymore.  Screw humans and life and everything.

4 comments:

  1. agreeable. fredrick turner seems to know whats up like legolas gandalf.
    'My dislike towards humans has been an ever growing theme in my life" quote of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't what I was planning on writing. I just kinda went with my fingers.

    I LOVED this line. it is soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so, i dont know, AMAZING. one of my favorite posts ive seen in 'paris' haha.

    "probably you then religious are you if"

    my fav line, stole it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. not all people are like that. if any thing we are 254764844 times better than animals.

    ReplyDelete